Do not trust this company with your personal belongings.The owner of this company is a liar and believes it is ok steal and lie from his customers.

Be very cautious. Using this company was the worst mistake I've ever made.

I paid for moving and storage but what I got was my things taken and when I confronted the owner, he flat out lied about the whole thing. Then when I was told I couldn't do anything about it, I wrote the truth on the internet and now the owner is threatening to sue.

The owner so much as admits to what happened but expects me to just sit by and be happy about what he did.

Had an Experience with Terry Moving and Storage?

Comments

Check out the reviews on ripoff report.com on terry moving and storage

Mission Viejo, California, United States #871000

After reading all the bad reviews about this company and they are all the same complaint...how is this guy still in business??? Come on people, wake up and stop using this corrupt company so they will go out of business once and for all!!

to Anonymous Bend, Oregon, United States #911042

Yes it's true.Had my jewelry stolen that I had hidden (or so I thought) in new house.

That's what these thieves do. They look in cupboards when you're not looking. Also had evidence of boxes opened and damaged furniture. Mark Terry admitted to knowing one of the movers Ryan had stolen before.

The other mover Bennie did nothing but complain about the owner Mark Terry. These are not their real names. Wish we had used another moving company even if we had to pay more. The glowing online reviews are ridiculous and made up.

Mark Terry is weak and *** not to hire honest employees or try to resolve issues with unhappy clients.It will catch up with him - it always does!

Do not use them!The glowing reviews are phony.

Movers showed up a day early, didn't get all the boxes and the worst part my jewelry was stolen from being hidden in a cupboard. Also over charged after they had all of our furniture. Mark Terry actually was aware that one of the mover's Ryan had stolen before.

Wish we had used another moving company.Mark Terry not trustworthy.

Horrible experience.Do not trust a word that comes out of Mark Terry mouth.

He will over charge and completely lie to your face. Very unfortunate because friends recommended him. They charged the full amount the day of the quote. Never refunded the money they said they would.

Broke a large number of items in the move. Padded their hours by over 3 hours. And never followed through on items they said they would get back to us on.

Very unfortunate experience.If you are looking for movers...keep looking.

terry moving is horrible the owner will raise the rates on you and try to get as much of your money as he can. please DONT use them. this company will literally rape your pocket.

THIS COMPANY IT THE HORRIBLE !!!!They ruined my fridge (broke the motor off of it and also laid it on it's back).

They quoted me a price on the phone after I told the guy 4 times the description of the appliances. He tells me he has a special dolly and truck and seeing his web site all looked good. He showed up not in a moving van but in an old handicapped mini van and when he pull the stove out that barely fit inside I said the fridge will never fit in there with out laying it down which ruins a fridge. Too late.

the fridge was already on its back at the home of the lady I bought it from. They also tell me I can't have the stove until I pay them in cash $250. I had to call my friend John from work to come help me with this ***. They started to drive away with my stove so I finally ran after them and payed them the money.

When John arrived we went to the other house in time to see them trying to stuff the fridge into a space too small for it and sure enough they broke the motor off the fridge and dented the front of the fridge trying to stuff it inside.

It never fit.My friend then forced him to give back some tf the money and when he tried to get the rest the guy ran to the van and drove off.

I also had a bad experience with Terry Moving & Storage.They damaged many pieces of expensive furniture.

I filed a claim for loss through the company but never heard back. It has been 9 months and all of my calls go straight to voice mail with no return calls.

I also had a contract bid before the move directly from the owner, Mark Terry, but was asked to pay an additional $400 once the job was complete because the owner claimed he "underestimated the job".Being naive, I gave in and agreed to pay $200 more before noticing all of the damage to my belongings.

to Unhappy Customer Brea, California, United States #834587

DON'T USE TERRY MOVING AND STORAGE!I wont use a name because we are taking this guy to court.

He moved our belongings to storage prior to our out of state move at the end of 2013.

Nearly every piece of furniture we own is damaged, broken or unusable. We purchased the full coverage insurance (up to $40K coverage) from him for an extra $300. We are easily at that amount if not more. When we notified him of our new address he suddenly noticed that the trailer was fuller then he realized charging us thousands more before he would deliver it out of state to us.

We know it wasn't full since we were there they closed it. Since his crew was going to be in our area the same week as our move he told US when we were going to move in, which was not an option since our new house wasn't ready. We were later told by the crew, HIS crew, that unloaded the truck they there was another load inside the same trailer and that was why our things were smashed, broken, bent..they basically threw some other persons household on top of our things. When we brought this to his attention he blamed us for the items being damaged or broken.

We didn't load his truck or carry things our of our old house. That is what we hired him to do! He charged our credit card multiple times for services we didn't ask for and the truck was not here to unload our stuff on the day planned..they were a day late. He takes no accountability for anything yet blames everyone else for the...

He is a horrible person!He will go out of his way to blame you for anything that goes wrong with your move so if this is what you look for in relocation...give him a call and I am sure you will happily miserable~

Dentistry

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

This article is about dental science. For the profession see Dentist. For tooth care see oral hygiene and dental surgery.

Dentist Dentist.2.jpg

A dentist and dental assistant treating a patient.

Occupation

Activity sectors Medicine

Description

Education required Dental degree

Fields of employment Hospitals, Private Practices

Dentistry is the branch of medicine that is involved in the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders and conditions of the oral cavity, maxillofacial area and the adjacent and associated structures and their impact on the human body.[1] Dentistry is widely considered necessary for complete overall health. Those who practice dentistry are known as dentists. The dentist's supporting team aids in providing oral health services, which includes dental assistants, dental hygienists, dental technicians, and dental therapists.

Contents

o 8.1 Lists

* 9 References

* 10 External links

[edit] Overview

Sagittal section of a tooth

[edit]...

Dentistry usually encompasses very important practices related to the oral cavity. Oral diseases are major public health problems due to their high incidence and prevalence across the globe with the disadvantaged affected more than other socio-economic groups.[2]

The majority of dental treatments are carried out to prevent or treat the two most common oral diseases which are dental caries (tooth decay) and periodontal disease (gum disease or pyorrhea). Common treatments involve the restoration of teeth as a treatment for dental caries (fillings), extraction or surgical removal of teeth which cannot be restored, scaling of teeth to treat periodontal problems and endodontic root canal treatment to treat abscessed teeth.

All dentists train for around 4 or 5 years at University and qualify as a 'dental surgeon'. By nature of their general training they can carry out the majority of dental treatments such as restorative (fillings, crowns, bridges), prosthetic (dentures), endodontic (root canal) therapy, periodontal (gum) therapy, and exodontia (extraction of teeth), as well as performing examinations, radiographs (x-rays) and diagnosis. Dentists can also prescribe certain medications such as antibiotics, fluorides, and sedatives but they are not able to prescribe the full range that physicians can.

Dentists need to take additional qualifications or training to carry out more complex treatments such as sedation, oral and maxillofacial surgery, and implants. Whilst the majority of oral diseases are unique and self limiting, some can indicate poor general health, tumours, blood dyscrasias and abnormalities including genetic problems.

[edit] Prevention

Dentists also encourage prevention of dental caries through proper hygiene (tooth brushing and flossing), fluoride, and tooth polishing. Dental sealants are plastic materials applied to one or more teeth, for the intended purpose of preventing dental caries (cavities) or other forms of tooth decay. Recognized but less conventional preventive agents include xylitol, which is bacteriostatic,[3] casein derivatives,[4] and proprietary products such as Cavistat BasicMints.[5]

[edit] Education and licensing

Early dental chair in Pioneer West Museum in Shamrock, Texas

The first dental school, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, opened in Baltimore, Maryland, USA in 1840. Philadelphia Dental College was founded in 1863 and is the second in the United States. In 1907 Temple University accepted a bid to incorporate the school.

Studies showed that dentists graduated from different countries,[6] or even from different dental schools in one country,[7] may have different clinical decisions for the same clinical condition. For example, dentists graduated from Israeli dental schools may recommend more often for the removal of asymptomatic impacted third molar (wisdom teeth) than dentists graduated from Latin American or Eastern European dental schools.[8]

In the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, the 1878 British Dentists Act and 1879 Dentists Register limited the title of "dentist" and "dental surgeon" to qualified and registered practitioners.[9][10] However, others could legally describe themselves as "dental experts" or "dental consultants".[11] The practice of dentistry in the United Kingdom became fully regulated with the 1921 Dentists Act, which required the registration of anyone practicing dentistry.[12] The British Dental Association, formed in 1880 with Sir John Tomes as president, played a major role in prosecuting dentists practising illegally.[9]

In Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Sweden, Germany, the United States, and Canada, a dentist is a healthcare professional qualified to practice dentistry after graduating with a degree of either Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD). This is equivalent to the Bachelor of Dental Surgery/Baccalaureus Dentalis Chirurgiae (BDS, BDent, BChD, BDSc) that is awarded in the UK and British Commonwealth countries. In most western countries, to become a qualified dentist one must usually complete at least four years of postgraduate study[citation needed]; within the European Union the education has to be at least five years. Dentists usually complete between five and eight years of post-secondary education before practising. Though not mandatory, many dentists choose to complete an internship or residency focusing on specific aspects of dental care after they have received their dental degree.

[edit] Specialties

Main article: Specialty (dentistry)

The American Dental Association recognizes nine dental specialties: Public Health Dentistry, Endodontics, Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology, Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (Oral Surgeon), Orthodontics, Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontics, Prosthodontics, and General Dentistry. [13][14]

[edit] History

Farmer at the dentist, Johann Liss, c. 1616-17.

The Indus Valley Civilization has yielded evidence of dentistry being practiced as far back as 7000 BC.[15] This earliest form of dentistry involved curing tooth related disorders with bow drills operated, perhaps, by skilled bead craftsmen.[16] The reconstruction of this ancient form of dentistry showed that the methods used were reliable and effective.[17]

A Sumerian text from 5000 BC describes a "tooth worm" as the cause of dental caries.[18] Evidence of this belief has also been found in ancient India, Egypt, Japan, and China. The legend of the worm is also found in the writings of Homer, and as late as the 14th century AD the surgeon Guy de Chauliac still promoted the belief that worms cause tooth decay.[19]

The Edwin Smith Papyrus, written in the 17th century BC but which may reflect previous manuscripts from as early as 3000 BC, includes the treatment of several dental ailments.[20][21] In the 18th century BC, the Code of Hammurabi referenced dental extraction twice as it related to punishment.[22] Examination of the remains of some ancient Egyptians and Greco-Romans reveals early attempts at dental prosthetics and surgery.[23]

Ancient Greek scholars Hippocrates and Aristotle wrote about dentistry, including the eruption pattern of teeth, treating decayed teeth and gum disease, extracting teeth with forceps, and using wires to stabilize loose teeth and fractured jaws.[24] Some say the first use of dental appliances or bridges comes from the Etruscans from as early as 700 BC.[25] Further research suggested that 3000 B.C. In ancient Egypt, Hesi-Re is the first named “dentist” (greatest of the teeth). The Egyptians bind replacement teeth together with gold wire. Roman medical writer Cornelius Celsus wrote extensively of oral diseases as well as dental treatments such as narcotic-containing emollients and astringents.[26][27]

Historically, dental extractions have been used to treat a variety of illnesses. During the Middle Ages and throughout the 19th century, dentistry was not a profession in itself, and often dental procedures were performed by barbers or general physicians. Barbers usually limited their practice to extracting teeth which alleviated pain and associated chronic tooth infection. Instruments used for dental extractions date back several centuries. In the 14th century, Guy de Chauliac invented the dental pelican[28] (resembling a pelican's beak) which was used up until the late 18th century. The pelican was replaced by the dental key[28] which, in turn, was replaced by modern forceps in the 20th century.[citation needed]

A modern Dentist's chair

The first book focused solely on dentistry was the "Artzney Buchlein" in 1530,[29] and the first dental textbook written in English was called "Operator for the Teeth" by Charles Allen in 1685.[10] It was between 1650 and 1800 that the science of modern dentistry developed. It is said that the 17th century French physician Pierre Fauchard started dentistry science as we know it today, and he has been named "the father of modern dentistry".[30] Among many of his developments were the extensive use of dental prosthesis, the introduction of dental fillings as a treatment for dental caries and the statement that sugar derivative acids such as tartaric acid are responsible for dental decay.

There has been a problem of quackery in the history of dentistry, and accusations of quackery among some dental practitioners persist today.[31]